We defend clients in all aspects of maritime bodily injury and property damage.
Our attorneys have had extraordinary success in defending clients. Leder & Hale serves as the east coast consultant to a major recreational boating insurer. As in the other areas of focus, this knowledge, experience and case law familiarity translates into cost-effective legal solutions for our clients.
Our defense in these cases has included actions concerning:
- maritime wrongful death
- maritime personal injury
- environmental contamination
- limitations or exoneration
- false arrest actions
- marina fires
- theft or damage at marinas
We have litigated recreational boating cases in Delaware, Georgia, Kansas, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, Ohio, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and Wisconsin.
We have also advised clients on recreational boating matters in each of the above states as well as Arizona, Arkansas, California and Florida.
- In re Leigh, 2014 WL 1315394 (E.D. N.Y. 2014)
Shipowner’s Limitation of Liability Action
- Moore v. Matthews, 45 F. Supp. 2d 516 (D. Md. 2006)
Court analyzed nautical rules of the road concerning lookout, safe speed and avoiding a collision
- Continental Ins. Co. v. Garrison, 17 F. Sup.p 2d 837 (E.D. Wis. 1998)
Rescission of recreational boating policy due to material misrepresentations in the application
- Bruzzone Consolidation, Inc. v. M/V Blue Eagle, 713 F.Supp. 146 (D.Md. 1989)
maritime cargo damage case